Sunday, May 16, 2010

Rainy Sunday evening thoughts

As Mr.B showed the pictures he’s going to exhibit. I saw the frames. Big and classy, with highly personal touch of art. My mind keep heading somewhere in between 5 years from now, maybe I will make such pictures. I never think things that occur in our lives today has no reason for what will happen tomorrow or many many years later. All of this will lead up to something.

In my opinion, we can’t choose our lives, for every element of fate has chose their owner. And I have never think of choosing art when I was 6 years old drawing things that seems meaningless. I have never chose to get close with someone who knows and taught art. With moments in frame, or get involved with things that no one seems to understand. I have never thought to want this thing, to want my right brain work better than my left brain.

These things are hard to understand. There is no sense to it. Nevertheless every key will somehow belong to a door, a key has never made for nothing. Like a puzzle piece, every small piece of it belong to a big picture. Moments are all connected. It wasn’t just invented to be one or single.

The rain keeps falling outside as the conversation goes along. I may not know the future will be, or how shall I pass these years. And these things I have written is like a big unexplainable question of time travels. I will soon have the answer, but as time rolls along. I have no power to unlock the mystery of this life, will this quest soon stopped by any unfortunate event? I can only hope not to mislead or get into a wrong cross road when it comes to choose a path.

Memories are not something we can bring back to reality once it’s gone. Today, I have missed to capture the moment when my dad was standing near to the door watching the rain, and now, the moment has lost it’s value of trust. It will now remain as an unclear image in my head. That are proof to has no existence. And it is amazing how a photograph can either lie, or bring back the truth of one moment with such silence.

We’re all growing old. We surrender to time that will soon absorb us to uncertainty and immortality. Any unanswered question will live on forever, the moments that are left forsaken will remain as ghost that haunt us to the end of our lives. Yet we know it’s there…we all know, it remains somewhere in us.

We photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing, and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth can make them come back again. We cannot develop and print a memory.
Henri Cartier-Bresson

No comments:

Post a Comment